Follow these simple steps to find the right shade foundation for you!
Step 1: Skin undertones can be thought of as a color cast – the color that your skin appears just below the surface. Being able to determine your undertone will help you make the best decisions about color selections for hair, clothing, and makeup. Mineral Fusion foundations are divided among five undertones. Use the key below to help you determine your tone.
- Cool: pinkish-red complexion; very sensitive to sun
- Neutral: peachy hue; sensitive to sun
- Warm: yellow or golden tones; likely tans easily
- Olive: olive or greenish complexion; tends to tan easily
- Deep: dark brown; tans very easily
Step 2: Once you've determined your undertone, you can test foundation colors. We recommend doing this by brushing a stripe of color along your jaw line. If the color blends perfectly, you've got a good match! If you aren't near a mirror, testing on the underside of your forearm works well, too.